The White Stable:On February 5th, 1863, the government confirmed the construction of a new stone stable. The contractor was A.T. Wallenius from Örebro, built from drawings by the architect E.E. von Rothstein. The stable was completed in 1865 and measures 83 x 12,5 metres.
The White Stable was also called the Stallion Stable and was fitted with 44 stalls and 12 boxes, plus harness room and office. Hay could be stacked on the loft via the two dormers.
Prior to the 1860s, the 148 metres long Mare or Clock Stable lay along the entire west side of the stable courtyard, timbered in the middle of the 17th century. It contained stalls, foaling rooms and a small manége to the south. It was torn down to make room for the two exicting buildings.
Today the stable has 30 boxes.
The North Stable: The North Stable, or Foal Stable, was built 1866-1867 using the same drawings and measuring as The White Stable.
Originally the stable was divided into two sections, one with 16 stalls and 7 boxes and the other with 44 stalls and 2 boxes plus storage rooms. Hay could be stacked on the loft via the dormers.
For a few decades up to 1995, The North Stable served as a museum for the carriages of the Royal Armoury. Since then it has been renovated and now has space for 31 horses. - "Our Stables" Strömsholm website
(via Active Stable | Ridskola Strömsholm)